Skip to main content

Civil War Standup

I’ve been thinkin’ about this Tiktok since I saw it yesterday:

It got me curious about whether “right to bear arms” includes grenades and after some research I realized it’s illegal to kill people with any kind of weapon anyways so like. I don’t think that matters here.

By the way— from what I understand from a very brief search, no, grenades cannot be carried because they wouldn’t be carried for self defense, aren’t in common use, and qualify as a “dangerous and unusual weapon”. It should be noted that the same does not apply to AR-15s. This is incredibly arbitrary and seemingly vibe-based.


Unrelated but it’s messed up that the Blogger app won’t let you upload videos for free but if you just switch to your browser it’s like Oh Okay :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Liked In April 2026

We are so back with another list of things I liked this month, this time featuring a spinner! The idea is, you spin the spinner and are presented with a link to something I enjoyed. Kill some time, check out some neat stuff.  Everything has a link associated with it, so grab your board and get read to surf the web! Don't worry, I made sure they're not linking to any bullshit virus littered websites. The act of turning your joy into a list you're going to share with people really makes you think about how you spend your time. You spend a day reading and researching and engaging with art and come away with a handful of items to add to the list, but you spend a few hours doomscrolling and go "hm. Didn't add anything. Is this really how I want to spend my time?" Also, I'd go to put something on the list and stop to think "did I really engage fully with this? If my friend checks it out from my blog post and comes back with a conversation, will I be able to...

Something about Dune (1984). Or something.

     I'm 17 and I'm lying on the least comfortable couch in our house. It's firm and scratchy a nd not as long as I am tall , b ut it i s the couch at the foot of the bed my dad is dying in.        I haven't slept. I'm up on my phone, my brightness down , t rying not to wake my mom. Her alarm goes off intermittently throughout the night s o she can check on my dad's oxygen levels. I don't think she sleeps more than half an hour at a time. M y sister is in her bedroom above us. Hours before we had a conversation d eciding if we wanted to be in the house when he died. She planned to leave for our aunt's house in the morning.        M y phone. I'm reading a story online that someone wrote. I don't remember the details or where I could find it today. It's a h orror s tory set in a hospital. I'm new to the horror genre. I always thought I couldn't handle it b ut as I sat there working my way through the story, I...

Things I Liked In May 2026

Start of a new month, you know what that means! Here are links to things I liked in May. Get something random to check out with the spinner or by generating a random number (1-50), or hunt down what you’re in the mood for by category. Enjoy! A LINK TO THE SPINNER: https://pickerwheel.com/?id=gC6mU Read 1. Dracula Daily: https://substack.com/@draculadaily?r=8c6ix0&utm_medium=ios&utm_source=stories&shareImageVariant=light 2. Apollo 11 Mix: https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/apollo-playlist-part-2-music-inside-apollo-musical-critique-outside-apollo 3. For All Mankind Article: https://cinemasojourns.com/2021/05/24/playlists-for-the-apollo-space-missions/ 4. Ulysses: https://archive.org/details/bwb_KU-094-130/page/9/mode/1up 5. Shorthand: https://studycorgi.com/blog/learning-to-write-shorthand/ 6. The Wailing Analysis: https://annyeongkpop.com/the-wailing/ 7. Valedictions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valediction Listen 8. Artemis II Wake-Up Playlist https://open.spot...